Process for Actively Employed Members
All active Investment Plan members must report any name and/or address changes to their employer. The Investment Plan Administrator cannot accept name or address changes directly from the member or employer. Changes are only accepted when the Division provides name and address corrections on the monthly retirement contribution file.
Process for Terminated Members
Name Change
The member must either request a Name Change Form from the Investment Plan Administrator (1-866-446-9377, Option 4) or send a letter to the Investment Plan Administrator, by mail (FRS Investment Plan, P.O. Box 785027, Orlando, FL 32878-5027) or by fax (1-888-310-5559). The letter should include the member’s old name, new name, last four digits of their Social Security number, current address and telephone number, and a copy of the court order, marriage certificate, or driver license reflecting the new name. If the form/letter is in good order, the change will be made to the recordkeeping system.
Address Change
The member can log in to or call the Investment Plan Administrator, at 1-866-446-9377, Option 4. For the member’s security, a confirmation statement of the address change will be mailed within two business days to both the member’s current address on file and the new address provided.
The employer is responsible for submitting current active member address updates on the monthly retirement report. The Investment Plan Administrator is responsible for maintaining the address on file for terminated Investment Plan members who have Investment Plan account balances.
Back to Contents